towards utopia In Creaating A World Community
by Oscar Carter | on April 30, 2012
Working Towards Utopia in Creating A World Community
Six years ago I defined the possibility of a world community as one that works for everyone. I framed that world as a place where people respect and in fact honor one another.
The ants story I reprinted at Creating A World Community provides a rudimentary model.
When the perfect order prevails, the world is like a home shared by all. Leaders are capable and virtuous. Everyone loves and respects their own parents and children as well as the parents and children of others. The old are cared for, adults have jobs, children are nourished and educated. There is a means of support for all those who are disabled or find themselves alone in the world. Everyone has an appropriate role to play in the family and society. Devotion to public duty leaves no place for idleness. Scheming for ill gain is unknown. Sharing displaces selfishness and materialism.
–R. Buckminster Fuller, a mentor and hero of mine warns us;
“The world is now too dangerous for anything less than utopia.”
These quotes were reprinted from Flourishing In Crisis.
I believe the Empower Network provides an extraordinary vehicle and means of access towards utopia and Creating A World Community.
Learn about it HERE
The fundamental activity towards utopia are engaging in conversations for possibility which I describe as conversations that allow for alternative points of view and conditions that may lie beyond that which one or more persons may articulate, believe, understand or perceive at any particular time.
The attention is on “that which works;” entirely distinct from that which may be viewed as Right or Wrong.
Here are some of my thoughts towards utopia that came to mind this evening.
- World Citizenship is alive and well-Nationalism will perish
- Television is dead and the Internet is alive and well.
- Perhaps racism is not dead but it will not survive much longer.
- Complacency is dead and creativity is all there is, even complacency will die.
- Wars will end soon there will be no reason.
- Starvation will end and diseases will be cured while people will choose when they die.
- Big business is dead and small business will grow and flourish.
- Stuff taught in secondary schools and colleges will have little relevance as the curriculums change to that which is more relevant and dynamic to people serving others.
- People will be less self absorbed and more concerned with others.
- Sports will continue to dominate the contribution it makes to inclusion in. the world.
- Music will continue to cause the same transformation among people around the world.
- Politics will soon become irrelevant. It will be replaced by “self government” and self-control.
- We will soon learn how to stop global warming and prevent it for those that believe it is a conspiracy.
- Natural disasters will continue and we will continue to find ways to shelter ourselves from them.
- I’m a little confused about the importance of space travel and continuing to explore the universe. I leave this one there.
- Rules and incentives are out the door and improvising and innovation is in
- Religion as we know it today will perish and people will see themselves in others and completely respect and honor the other.
- Joy will be the present in everyone’s live while hurt and angquish subside.
Hey Guys and Gals, Barry Schwartz tells it LIKE IT IS in the video below.
Working towards utopia.
“It is no longer enough to point out what we don’t like, we have to work out ‘What sort of society do we want?”
– Sheila Rowbotham- reprinted from Flourishing In Crisis as above.
You can work towards utopia and Creating A World Community even though you may not believe in the possibility of it as I do.
P. S. Should you join Empower Network? Here’s some answers to common objections. CLICK HERE