Starting Your On-Line Business? You Need Tools, Support and Leadership…
by theashmans | on April 10, 2012
Starting Your On-Line Business
So the decision is made – You want to start an on-line business. Now what?
Let’s look at this from another perspective. What did you do when you started your “working career” or sole trading business? I would suggest it went something like this:
- Determine the career vocation (trade, professional, etc), or the type of business you wanted to establish – The Decision;
- Undertake vocational training (apprenticeship, study, etc), or studying business management and product research – The Investment (Time and Money);
- Find employment or establish the business – The Commencement; and
- Grow your career or business – The Growth.
Some will join associations that support their chosen vocation or business to enable networking, mentoring and “remaining up to date”.
Guess what – you need to take this same approach when you start your on-line business!
The process is not that different to what you have been used to – except for 2 big differences:
- It will cost you less to start your on-line business; and
- The growth phase can be accelerated.
Starting Your On-Line Business – The Irrational Resistance of “Traditional” Thinkers
Many people you meet will not support your quest to start your on-line business. Why?
Because it does not align with their traditional thinking.
What they fail to remember is that they invested time and money to establish their career or traditional business. Think about it for a moment:
- How much does it cost (in terms of cash and time) to go to University to obtain a degree that enables you to seek an entry level role in the chosen vocation, then “grow” through the vocation to achieve “success”. It’s a lot of money and time – and guess what, “success” is not guaranteed.
- How much time and money is invested into starting a business and growing that business to “success”. Again, a lot of time and money (not to mention the stress that accompanies the level of investment) – and all in the knowledge that the majority of these businesses will fail in the first 5 years.
So how can “rational” people say that your on-line business will fail, when in the “traditional” world the same failures happen? Businesses fail all the time, and many people in a “working career” will often finish up in a vocation that is far removed from the training they paid for in time and money. They can’t – but they will – because they cannot move beyond the “traditional” thinking that has existed for decades.
The reality is that on-line businesses offer you the opportunity to train, invest, grow and associate in the same way as the “traditional” world. But the big difference is the ability to compress the time taken to achieve success to months or a few years – not 10’s of years.
Not to mention, of course, that even if the business does not achieve the levels of success you seek it is unlikely to cost you your house, or stress you out, or require significant additional training or cost if you decide to alter your business offerings.
Starting Your On-Line Business – What To Do?
The secret to being successful On-Line is understanding what you need to do to get noticed – to get your product or service in front of the consumer. In effect, how to market your on-line business successfully to drive growth.
You have a couple of options here:
- Identify an opportunity that offers a product or service that meets your requirement and then find the necessary tools and training (at additional cost) to market successfully; or
- Identify an opportunity that gives you the tools and training (and allows you to build a business), which you can then use to apply to other business opportunities.
I know that many opportunities, which offer products and services, also provide some form of marketing training – but it is not necessarily their area of specialisation. It gets back to understanding what you need to do to succeed (the training) which you then apply to the product or service business you have decided to establish. This seems logical to me, and just as importantly, can be done within a very short period of time at a relatively small cost.
The next step is to join at least one On-line Community that enables you to network and associate with people who are doing exactly what you are doing – growing an on-line business. This is important as it reinforces that there are other people doing what you are doing, and through association you can pick up information and tips that will help you to succeed. Not to mention that you receive positive feedback and encouragement, rather than the negative comments of the “traditional” thinkers.
Association with others may also result in other opportunities arising. For example, what if the people you associate with decide to put together a Team that decides to enter an agreed opportunity as a “pre-structured” organisation. Imagine the power that such a Team would have in terms of “broad experience and expertise” to fast track growth and with a focus of “success for all”. Now that is an approach that is an exciting for experienced and new marketer’s alike.
Starting Your On-Line Business – A Final Word
The way you approach the establishment of your on-line business is up to you. However, do not let those in the “traditional” world steal your dream.
When it all boils down –what you are doing is no different to what they have done – they just don’t realise it. Of course you have an advantage – it will take less time and money for you to succeed compared to their “traditional” approach.
PS: If you want to get a “kick start” then:
- Check out and join this opportunity which will “fast track” your training and use of tools to succeed on-line. Click here for details.
- Join this FREE Community group to get a head start on associating with like-minded individuals (and a access free tools and advertising). Click here to join now.
- Bonus 1 – The site I invited you to check out above is a business as well – how cool is that!!! And it pays 100% commissions. So don’t miss out – click here now.
- Bonus 2 - Join the above community via the link and I will send you an exclusive invite to join a Team that is embarking on an exciting venture to help everyone succeed – for FREE. So join here now!