Facebook Vs Myspace – How do they match up?
by Jason Campbell | on
Facebook Vs Myspace – How do they match up?
Social networking mania took the World by surprise in the first decade of 21st century. Social networking websites like Orkut, Facebook, Digg, Badoo and Myspace became surprisingly popular. Thousands of websites joined the bash but only a few survived through the terrible jaws of time. Facebook.com has been one of the fore-runners among this race to glory and is closely followed by Myspace and Badoo.
Today, Facebook.com and Myspace.com are the two premier social networking websites on the internet. In this article I shall be giving you a comparison of Facebook vs Myspace and I am sure that most of you will agree with me, or maybe not but that’s cool too. In fact I shall be discussing if Facebook and Myspace match up or not.
- TIP! Using social media for your company requires that you search and see what others are saying about you on the social media sites. A quick search on Facebook, Twitter or Yelp can give you a goldmine of information when it comes to customer feedback.
So following are my ideas of both the websites, keeping in view my experience of using them:-
Ease of Use. I have always found Facebook.com a much easier site to use than any other social networking website including Myspace. Performing a Facebook sign in is also easier than Myspace and once you have a facebook profile, you can also use the same to login to Myspace.
- TIP! Create more than one profile on a same site. You could for instance have a page on a social networking site for your business as well as a profile page for a fictional character you use as a mascot.
Facebook Vs Myspace
Ad Clutter. Myspace has been overly crowded with a lot of ads while facebook.com has been very clean since the very beginning. At the moment, you can see just one ad unit at the right-hand side of the Facebook page, while Myspace offers a jungle of ads all over your webpage. Lack of unnecessary ads has definitely been plus point of Facebook vs Myspace.
- TIP! It is a good practice to always speak in the 2nd person perspective when advertising through a social media platform. You will sometimes have to speak with the viewers and you want to communicate in a tone that gives the feeling of connection and security.
Entertainment. Myspace photos and facebook photos are definitely a huge turn-on and attraction for the users. Facebook and Myspace photos help you in keeping your interest at a higher level and make social interaction easier and more convenient. It is also pretty cool to play some of the social games with friends and even share movies, etc.
Design and Innovation. Myspace has a definite lead in the design section of both social networking websites. Myspace profile is highly customizable, whereas after you perform facebook sign in, most of the facebook profiles look pretty much the same. Recently there are applications released in Facebook that allow you to add badges to your profile.
- TIP! If you operate a blog or post regular updates to your website, share your updates on sites such as Facebook and Twitter immediately. People may not check your site all the time, but if they see your links show up in their feed, they’ll still click them and read over your content.
Applications and Games. Facebook.com leads the way by far, when it comes to applications and games. The social games like Farmville, Mafia Wars, etc have taken the social World by storm and gained millions of daily users on Facebook, and the trend is not stopping anywhere in the near future.
The Wall. One of the best features on Facebook has been its Wall. Unlike writing “Testimonials” on Myspace.com, the Wall on Facebook has made it very simple for its users to share information, photos, videos and status updates with friends.
- TIP! One great idea for the content on your social media pages is to put up some great videos. If you have a video that people find especially funny or informative there is a chance that your viewers may pass these around to other friends which can increase the viewership of your page dramatically.
There are definite advantages and disadvantages of using both websites, and it is awfully difficult to declare a clear winner, but still I believe that Facebook has an edge over Myspace. Facebook seems to be a more adult version over Myspace.
Some of you may not agree with me but the frequent innovations like “Timeline” have helped Facebook keep the interest of the users alive. I cannot deny the importance of one website comparing it to the other, but the final decision lies with you. You have to use the social Networking website that you are comfortable with and feel more at home with. Who knows how long Facebook & Myspace will be at the top. There are competitors popping up all the time trying to be the next big thing!
I hope you enjoyed my post on “Facebook Vs Myspace” Check out my other posts HERE!