How to Get Friends on Facebook in Two Minutes
by Niamh | on February 11, 2012
Nobody goes onto Facebook in the hopes of being marketed to. They go on to be entertained, to make real connections, and have conversations. So when you try to get friends on Facebook by sending out random friend requests you may build up a big friend’s list, but it won’t do anything for you.
How to Get FRIENDS on Facebook in Two Minutes
Before you decide how to get friends on Facebook you have to decide what common interests you would like your new friends to have. In the video the example is “Personal Development.” Both because this is something that interests me and because there is a big overlap between personal development and making money online (which is what I teach).
The best way how to get friends on Facebook actually starts off of Facebook. You are looking for people that are active in their shared interest, that aren’t just discussing on Facebook, but are blogging on the topic.
In case the video went to fast, here’s the strategy:
How to Get Friends on Facebook Using Google
- Go to Google and click into the Blogs search in the more Tab.
- Type in your search term followed by the word Blogspot (this will help you find people who have blogged recently on the topic, but probably aren’t experts or super serious bloggers. They will probably be interested in meeting you!)
- Look for a Facebook badge or link and click on it.
- Send a friend request accompanied by a message where you explain that you found them through their blog, something you liked about their blog, and that you share a common interest.
- Repeat up to about ten to fifteen times a day, it only takes 2 minutes!
The whole point of this way how to get friends on Facebook is that you actually make real friends, so you have to be genuine. Instead of getting people who just ignore your updates you will be adding people that will be compelled to click on your links (because they want to see your website since you looked at theirs).
When they see your name pop up on their News Feed they will actually remember you and want to chat and connect. People react incredibly well when you just show a bit of interest in them. Don’t be an island and don’t be snobby. You should be making connections in your industry and supporting other bloggers.
This method of getting friends on Facebook will mean you have a real friends list that clicks on your links, joins in your conversations, and is happy to know YOU!
Start using this method how to get Friends on Facebook right now by visiting my Facebook page and letting me know you liked this article.