8 Tips to Conquer Fear of Failure
by mfalla | on February 2, 2012
The fear of failure holds many people back from achieving their true potential. You just don’t know how many opportunities have been left of the table because of the fear of failure.
You’ve heard the saying, “Feel the fear and do it anyway”? Well, that has worked for some but not all. In this post, I will give you practical suggestions to help you conquer fear of failure. Once you develop the right mindset, you will go confidently go in the world with a success attitude instead of being afraid to fail.
Your tips to conquer fear of failure
1) Realize that failures can teach us valuable information if we allow them to.
2) Get around success driven people.
3) Develop a winning attitude.
4) Don’t let small thinking people hold you back.
5) Read success minded books.
6) Avoid negative sources of information.
7) Visualize yourself succeeding.
8) Develop/nurture your spiritual self.
If you have fear of failure, could it be because you really fear success? Either way, know that you can take steps and use strategies to conquer fear of failure.
Believe that it is possible to conquer fear of failure and get set free!
As you are following the tips from above, try to journal so that you can track when fear arises. You should also notate when you have small successes and review the successes regularly. Use the slogan, “Don’t sweat the small stuff” to help you not get down about little failures.
Writing is an activity that can help you conquer fear of failure:
Use these reflection questions to journal about so you can conquer fear of failure.
1) Fear of Failure – How does fear serve me? Do I desire to conquer fear?
2) Insecurity – What can I do so that I will feel more secure?
3) Appearance – Do I dress for success?
4) Language – Do my words reflect confidence?
5) Literature – Do I read things that influence my mind in a negative way?
6) Conversations – Do I gossip and criticize others?
7) Anger – Do I get angry at problems or look at effective ways to solve them?
8) Self Talk – What do I say when I talk to myself? Am I telling myself “I can’t”?
9) Environment – Do I surround myself with others who uplift me or bring me down?
10) Self Improvement – Do I invest in personal development or do i view this as a waste of money?
11) Time Management – Do I organize my day to get the most out of it or do I waste time?
12) Setting Goals – Do I set goals for achieving success or do I merely wish for it? Do I achieve my goals or quit too soon?
Seriously think about your answers and let your answers help you develop a strategy to overcome the fear of failure so that you can succeed in life. Be prepared and start practicing good skills now so that when fear rears its ugly head, you’ll have tools to conquer it and continue on.
To conquer fear of failure, remain steadfast. Don’t give up until you get the results and the fear of failure is gone. You’ll conquer the fear of failure as you practice and practice working through stuff. So the next time something makes you afraid, just look at it as an opportunity to overcome the fear of failure.
Take the time to learn about success principles, study them and you’ll see how the fear of failure cycle can be turned around.