How Jim Rohn Quotes spoke life into my Business
by Garry | on August 28, 2012
Jim Rohn quotes gave my Business Meaning and Purpose
….If your involved with network marketing you are likely to be familiar with a number of Jim Rohn quotes. The late great Jim Rohn, created a movement of people and had this uncanny ablity to speak to the heart of people. His inspiration and wisdom can be summarized in Jim Rohn quotes….he was ahead of his time and people whom have followed his mentorship have experienced success and significance in their lives.
Who was Jim Rohn?
Emanuel James “Jim” Rohn was born in Yakima, Washington to Emanuel and Clara Rohn. The Rohns owned and worked a farm in Caldwell, Idaho where Jim grew up, as an only child.
His rags to riches story played a large part in his work, which influenced others in the personal development industry.
Throughout the ’70s, Rohn conducted a number of seminars for the Marketing Executives of Standard Oil (California) which now does business as Chevron Corporation. At the same time, he conducted a personal development business called “Adventures in Achievement” which featured both live seminars as well as personal development workshops. Ultimately, he presented seminars, worldwide, for more than 40 years.
Tony Robbins who worked for Rohn in the late ’70s, was mentored by Jim Rohn during the early years of his career. Others who credit Rohn for his influence on their careers include authors Mark Victor Hansen and Jack Canfield (Chicken Soup book series), author/lecturer Brian Tracy and T. Harv Eker.
Rohn also mentored top motivational speaker Chris Widener (author) the last seven years of his life. Widener now carries on Rohn’s work with Twelve Pillars seminars based on Twelve Pillars, Rohn’s last book, co-authored with Widener.
Rohn was the recipient of the 1985 National Speakers Association CPAE Award for excellence in speaking. He is also the author of 17 different books, audio and video programs.
Jim Rohn died of pulmonary fibrosis after an 18-month battle on December 5, 2009 in West Hills, California – Wikipedia
What Are some Favourite Jim Rohn Quotes on Success?
Here is a list of my favourite Jim Rohn quotes that have brought inspiration, motivation and determination to my business.
I hope these classic Jim Rohn quotes breath life into your business as it did mine!
- If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.
- The major reason for setting a goal is for what it makes of you to accomplish it. What it makes of you will always be the far greater value than what you get.
- Get around people who have something of value to share with you. Their impact will continue to have a significant effect on your life long they have departed.
- You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of.
- Learn how to separate the majors and the minors. A lot of people don’t do well simply because they major in minor things.
- Don’t mistake movement for achievement. It’s easy to get faked out by being busy. The question is: Busy doing what?
- Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out.
- To become financially independent you must turn part of your income into capital; turn capital into enterprise; turn enterprise into profit; turn profit into investment; and turn investment into financial independence.
- Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
- Either you run the day or the day runs you.
- Success is doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.
- We can have more than we’ve got because we can become more than we are.
- Your family and your love must be cultivated like a garden. Time, effort, and imagination must be summoned constantly to keep any relationship flourishing and growing.
- You must either modify your dreams or magnify your skills.
- I find it fascinating that most people plan their vacations with better care than they plan their lives. Perhaps that is because escape is easier than change.
- The major value in life is not what you get. The major value in life is what you become. That is why I wish to pay fair price for every value. If I have to pay for it or earn it, that makes something of me. If I get it for free, that makes nothing of me.
- The worst days of those who enjoy what they do are better than the best days of those who don’t.
- We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment.
- The worst thing one can do is not to try, to be aware of what one wants and not give in to it, to spend years in silent hurt wondering if something could have materialized – never knowing.
You simply cannot make it on your own in network marketing…self development, honesty, and mentorship is needed. Even if you feel your upline or downline is not supporting you reach out the mentors of professional networkers and build your own inner circle mastermind.
If you want to know more about Jim Rohn or hear some of the famous “Jim Rohn Quotes” from the man himself, check out the video below.
PS: If your looking to build a traditional network marketing business while learning cutting edge technology skills you need to check out the Empower Network