Unsure If You’re Having A Middle Age Crisis?
by Elysse Curry | on March 28, 2012
Perhaps you have had a few of these ideas….
- You are seriously considering “The buffet table and early bird specials” when planning your next trip to Las Vegas.
- You hate looking in the mirror and seeing your mother or father.
- Your husband or wife isn’t attractive to you any longer (and Stacey or John in accounting certainly is!)
- Your never made time for your dream cross country tour together with your buddies and your day dreaming about it.
- Your libido is waning or else you cannot go…go…go to heaven the way you did a couple of years back.
- You drifted apart from your husband or wife and do not share the same passion or the same enthusiasm for life anymore.
- You flirt a lot more than before….it doesn’t do any good…you’re still that old dude…ouch.
- You once were the most joyful person in the room, now your joy fights bouts with depression.
- Your midsection is flabby regardless of how much you diet or exercise
- You think much more about yesteryear compared to future.
- Your hair is thinning or gone…it disappeared down the drain and under the covers,
If you are plagued by any of the fore mentioned….YES…. you are in the throes of a mid-life crisis!
A mid-life crisis can’t be treated like every problem or challenge formerly experienced. There’s no article, book, or therapy session which will repair it all today. Seeing a fantasy ball game, camping or going across the nation on Harley’s together with your buddies will not repair it simply by itself either.
To emerge from this phase in a healthier state of mind, to feel more powerful and happier, one will have to reflect, grow, and pre-plan their personal journey.
Listed here are 8 guidelines to help you cry rejoice or….if you choose… stay miserable:
- Start… if you’re not already reading through tales about success! Whenever a person in MLC (middle age crisis) reads about some 15 year old understanding how to fly…or some 26 year old billionaire, it’s not only a serious exception, it can make normal people aspire to be better after they let go of the mixed feelings of wonder and envy which hopefully will make them reflective rather than resentful.
- Take a while every single day to mirror, think, and contemplate…. Listen, your existence might be at a crossroad… however, you choose your thoughts and you can channel them productively, when and if the bluebird of poop tweets you’re not as good or as young or good looking as you used to be.
- Certainly do more exercise. Your MLC is not the end of the world…though it does seem to moving faster than your Nike’s.
- The greater you are converting your frustration and anxiety into significant exercise, the greater you’ll feel.
- Cry every now and then …the release is cleansing and cathartic…Allow yourself to download your old junk…and replace it with a new goal.
- Look for a person or venue to vent…really vent. Of all of the things that can make you feel better temporarily (including workout, basket weaving, or yoga) a chance to talk, scream, or simply expel the garbage from your mind is essential. A lot of us often ponder exactly the same garbage again and again within our brains. Dumping individual ideas either in writing, to some counselor, or perhaps a non-judgmental friend… is essential. (NOTE: Don’t dump an excessive amount of in your buddy, or else you may bore them and send them running, though they may pretend to be looking after your garbage. Or worse, they might open and share how their existence is much more miserable than yours!)
- Read a couple of articles on middle age transformation (Eastern philosophy…the Bible). The term middle age crisis can only be used like a Western reference.
- It is not a real crisis within the grand plan in the end. You have not lost your children and siblings inside a Nazi concentration camping. In truth it is simply our society has paved the way to have A Lot of spare time, which you could really use to your advantage, if you wish to. Our great grandfathers were too busy working 90 hrs. Each week to focus on what was missing or lacking in their lives.
Your circumstances provide you with the GIFT of a second existence. Determine to bless others, Dream Big, and GWG. (Go with God.)