5 Key Things To Keep In Mind When Writing Articles
by cynajoy | on January 11, 2012
Q: What is the most important part of writing articles?
A: To write them in way that they get read, if possible all the way through the end, while maintaining the readers attention and interest, and hopefully engaging them into taking ACTION. Actually that last part is the most important part since most of us don’t write for writing but to sell something or the get leads.
Below are 5 key points that you need to take in consideration when writing articles:
- Think about your audience. When writing articles you need to focus on your audience not on you! That is one of the most common mistakes that I have seen writers do. They start taking about everything except what the reader came looking for. Target your article to your reader and deliver the right answer with concise content.
- Keep your paragraphs short. I use TSA for syndication and the way it works is that I read, connect, comment and syndicate others’ content as long as they do the same with mine. I found out that I am a lot more likely to do all that on articles that have short paragraphs that are concise and straight to the point and I end up skipping the one that are too long.
- Write something unique. What is the point on writing the same old review that everyone else is writing. Why would I want to write a review about Empower Network that is going to tell you that it pays 100% commission if there are other 15,000 affiliates who are doing the same. Take a different approach and be different.
- Insert images and use ALT tags. It goes back to readability and ease of flow. I know it is not that easy when you are brand new, to insert images, videos, or other media, but it makes a huge difference. Eye appeal has a lot to do with what gets and what doesn’t get read.
- Add a call to action. This is probably the number 1 mistake that will kill your article marketing efforts: Not adding a call to action. What is the point then? If you are just writing for writing then that is great, but I write with a purpose and I make sure to tell people what to do next when they get to the end. People don’t like to be left handing, they are usually looking for guidance, be a leader and lead with value!
Articles are obviously the foundation of articles marketing and while article marketing can be a very effective way to market it could also be a waste of time if you skip any of these essential points.
Make sure you are writing articles with a purpose. Make sure they are targeted, concise, easy to read and that have a call to action.
Now that you have your articles, how do you get them to rank in Google? Watch this Article Marketing webinar where this SEO guru reveals the formula that has allowed them to position 85% of his content on the first page of Google.
PS. Writing articles may be very hard at the beginning but I can assure you that if you commit to write ONE article per day for the next 7 days it will become A LOT easier. Writing is a very powerful skill that every single network marketer should hone in order to be able to generate more leads