Empower Network | Breaking The Language Barrier
by Russ Campbell | on September 7, 2012
What would you do if you had a brand new Empower Network team member that could speak a word of English? How would you break this language barrier?
The Empower Network | Breaking The Language Barrier
Speaking with your new Empower Network team member, who doesn’t speak English can pose a challenge, not only for you but for them as well.
When dealing with your new Empower Network team member who has a language barrier there are steps you can take to break this language and get on on with business so the both of you can make money.
Have you had to deal with a problem like this before?
If you did, it likely left you feeling inferior and your new Empower Network team member dissatisfied because all you want to do is get them started right away in their new business and vice versa.
Well no more worries because we have some badass steps you can follow to break that language barrier once and for all.
Empower Network | Dealing With A Language Barrier
Break the language barrier problem with your new Empower Network team member by finding solutions.
You are looking for steps to help you understand your new Empower Network team member, right?
Look no further, we have some bad ass steps to help you break that language barrier.
- Follow your new team members lead. Different deal with expressions in different ways, so be careful when expressing emotions such as frustration, excitement, joy and fear.
- Take it slow and do not shout. If your new Empower Network team member can understand a little bit of English, don’t shout out ideas and concepts. Instead take it slow and speak in a normal voice. Talking fast will just get them confused and upset.
- Use picture’s to get your point across. Drawing or showing an image can be a big advantage for the both of you. You don’t have to be an expert in drawing, you just have to get your point across. Use books and magazines to help you as well. A picture says a thousand words, more then words can ever say.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you have a friend or team member that speaks your new Empower Network team members language, ask them to translate for you.
- Use patience. Have lots of patience because this is the key to breaking the language barrier between the two of you.
- Flash a smile. This will ease the tension and make engaging simple.
- Use Google Translate. If you are speaking with your new Empower Network team member over IM, Email, Skype or Google+, make use of a wonderful tool called, Google Translate
- Make sure your new Empower Network team member understands. Clarify with your new team member so you are sure they understand you. You can do this by asking questions or have them explain the information back.
Patience is the key, when you want to break down a language barrier.
The Empower Network | It’s Easier Than You Think
Breaking the language barrier with your new Empower Network team member is easier than you think.
Take it from me, when I started work at a seniors home, there were a lot of seniors who spoke only French. I only spoke English so this posed a problem.
What would I do to break this language barrier?
Patience was everything. When you have 6-7 people to get up for breakfast in the span of 2 hours, time is not your best friend. However, I still had to maintain my confidence and have lots of patience for those who could not understand me.
For my French speaking counterparts I used pictures. For example, if I wanted to brush their hair, I would hold up a brush or comb and pretend to brush my hair. That way they would understand, I was going to brush their hair.
The best advice we can give to break a language barrier with your new is be prepared in advance and have lots and lots of patience.
The Empower Network | Breaking The Language Barrier For Good
In time, as you get to know and do business with your new Empower Network team member the language barrier will be easier to break every time.
With enough patience and determination, you can overcome anything. Your in this business of Network marketing, which means you will have to do business with people all over the globe. English is the most universal language spoken, but be prepared just in case you encounter a language barrier problem.
There are no language barrier problems when it comes to us! Register with our team today and become our newest Empower Network team member and start breaking down barriers so you can make lots and lots of money.